Monday, March 28, 2011

Life Is Good: Chilly Weather

Spring is here, but warm weather is not. So, I have to find a way to make the house cozy. The wood stove is now only burning in the evenings, and even though the house is warm enough, it still seems damp and cool. What could drive away the chill and make the house a home again?

Candles, of Course
For a job this big, I lit every candle possible. From left to right: Pink, homemade candle in a mason jar, Hunting Cabin tealight holder, Blue pillar (a gift), Blue taper in a bottle candle holder my daughter made for me, Small vanilla jar candle, large apple/pear scented jar. In the rear you will see a portrait of a very young Young Master Farmer and a handmade plastic-canvas lighthouse that a neighbor made me.

 The light scent and cheery glow from the candles brought the home back to my home. All musty smells were gone, and somehow the illusion of a warmer room was created. That is the magic of candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment