Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Congratulations! It’s a BULL!!!

Our Pig Partner brought home a very young dairy bull last night. Apparently they are reasonably priced, as dairies only need a small number of bulls to keep up production. I don’t have a photo yet, but this little guy is ADORABLE! Ok, I know that the little fella has a destiny that is less than desirable to most, but there’s something here that cannot be denied…



BABY ANIMALS ARE SO CUTE!!


OK, I’m done gushing. But honestly, I am looking forward to a new adventure. With any luck, I will be allowed to do some of the butchering. I love adding to my skills, and I’m a pretty good butcher! Financially we cannot afford our own calf right now, but maybe if my luck changes…



(Did I mention that I scratched around a young bull’s nubby horns today, and that he is super cute?)


Update 5/31/13: I finally got a photo! Oh, and it's a STEER now. (wink wink)


I told you he was cute! He's getting BIG, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment